Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bad Experience


Experience is The Best Teacher
            Few years ago when I was a kid, my mother asked me to go to a department store with her. I was around three years old at that time. I felt very happy because I would go to a department store and maybe I could buy some new toys. I didn’t think that at that time I would have some unforgettable experience, a bloody one.
            As we arrived at the department store, my mom held my hand so that I wouldn’t get lost. We stopped by at some stores just for sight-seeing. After we had enough sight-seeing in the first floor, my mother decided to go to the second floor. On the second floor, we could find clothes for adults and children. We used the escalator to reach the second floor. When we had already reached the second floor, suddenly my mom’s friend passed by. My mom greeted her and they had a chit-chat together.
            When my mom had a conversation with her friend, I saw another kids playing around the escalator. They put their hand on the hand’s place of the escalator until it almost reached the end. I felt excited and I wanted to play it too. My mom warned me not to do that because it was quite dangerous. But I couldn’t hold it anymore, I wanted to play like the others too. When my mom focused on her friend, I soon put my hand on the black rubber things on the escalator. At first I felt really fun because when my hand would slip at the edge I put my hand off. My adrenaline reached its limit.  Suddenly because I was too excited with the game, I forgot to put off my hand when it reached the edge. My hand slipped because my hand was very small at that time. I was surprise and it was really damn hurt. I cried as loud as I can so that my mom would notice it. As soon as my mom saw me, she ran to me and pulled my left hand out from the escalator. But the force of the escalator machine was just too strong. Many people saw us and they tried to help us.
            Luckily, not a long time from that accident, a security guy appeared. He turned off the escalator and now my mom and I could pull of my left hand. My left hand was seriously injured. I lost some of my hand outer skin. There was blood all over my left hand. I cried aloud. My mom got panicked as she saw a lot of blood coming through my hand. Then, the security guy gave us a box of band-aid. It was really a terrible experience I’d ever had. I regret that I didn’t listen to my mom. She had warned me before but I was just too stubborn. I wished I could turn back time.

No comments:

Post a Comment